Sline Academy Online services, including (without limitation) our website and other interactive properties through which the services are delivered (collectively, the “Service”) are owned, operated and distributed by Sline LLC (referred to in this Privacy Statement as “Sline Academy” or “we” and through similar words such as “us,” “our,” etc.).
Sline Academy Online is committed to protecting your privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. Our website Privacy Statement sets out what information we collect, how we collect it, what we do with it and how we protect this information. Any personal information is collected and processed in accordance with the data protection laws in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information (also commonly known as personally identifiable information (PII) or personal data) is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate. The categories of personal information that Sline Academy Online may collect in the course of our relationship with you is described below.
Information you provide to us:In order to facilitate the provision of education, we collect personal details from you together with information we learn about you from your use of our website. These details may include (where applicable):
• Name and contact information (e.g., address, telephone number, e-mail);
• Billing information (e.g. credit/debit card, other payment details, billing contact information)
• Account information (e.g. personal goals, account profile photos, ratings, webinar chat);
• Information contained in posts you may make on the public forums and interactive features of the Service;
• Other information that may be exchanged in the course of engaging with the Service. You will be aware of any subsequently collected information because it will come directly from you.
To provide location-based services we may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device through GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations. This location data is collected anonymously, unless you provide consent. You may withdraw consent to Sline Academy Online and our partners’ collection, use, transmission, processing and maintenance of location and account data at any time by not using the location-based features and turning off the Location Services settings (as applicable) on your device and computer.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement, Sline Academy Online uses the above described categories of personal information in several ways. Unless otherwise stated specifically, the above information may be used for any of the following purposes:
• to administer the Service to you;
• to respond to your requests;
• to distribute communications relevant to your use of the Service, such as system updates, customer surveys, or information about your use of the Service;
• as may be necessary to support the operation of the Service, such as for billing, account maintenance, and record-keeping purposes;
• to send to you Sline Academy Online solicitations, product announcements, and the like that we feel may be of interest to you (you may “opt out” of receiving these marketing materials);
• to enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts (e.g. statistical and marketing analysis)
• in other manners after subsequent notice is provided to you and/or your consent is obtained, if necessary.
SHARING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of student information.
We may disclose any of the described categories of personal information to Sline Academy Online employees, consultants, affiliates or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf in order to provide the Service to you. These disclosures may include trusted contracted companies who act as “data processors” on our behalf for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement. In such circumstances, we require that these parties agree to protect the confidentiality of such information consistent with the terms of this Privacy Statement by executing transfer agreements with all entities to which we transfer data for processing. The agreements provide for specific and limited processing of user data in service of Sline Academy’s Online operations and have been prepared so as to meet the requirements of the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Where permitted by law, we may also pass your information (including relating to the stages of your training) to third parties with whom we have a contractual or other close relationship and where we believe they offer products or services that may enhance the training we provide to you, your ability to practice or gain additional skills or their offering may otherwise be of interest to you.
If you sign up for third-party email job alert services on our site, we will share your personal information with the third party to provide you with such services
In addition, we may release personal information
• to the extent we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with any applicable law;
• when disclosure is required to maintain the security and integrity of the Service, or to protect any user’s security or the security of other persons, consistent with applicable laws;
• to respond to a court order, government inquiry, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process, to the extent permitted and as restricted by law; or
• in the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, divestiture, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets.